11 Creepy Facts About Cute Animals That'll Make You Say "Why Did You Ruin This For Me?"
I'm so sorry. H/T AskReddit
1. Ladybirds are so cute, right?
2. Dolphins are definitely cute though, right?
3. Snails are cute though!
4. Otters are definitely cute though, look at them holding hands!
Well, they also rape baby seals, which usually results in the seal's death. (TW: The source article contains images some may find distressing)
5. Koalas are soft cuddly babies, yes?
And baby koalas can't digest the poison in eucalyptus leaves – the only thing that koalas eat – the same way adult koalas can, so they eat their mothers' poo.
6. Pigs are cute though!
They are, but they're also very unfussy eaters who will eat an entire human body.
7. Deers are beautiful and harmless creatures that wouldn't hurt a fly, right?
8. Armadillos are cute and harmless, and the closest thing we get to real-life Pokemon, right?
9. Bunny rabbits are surely the cutest creatures in existence, yes?
10. Look how cute wallabies are!
But, wallaby mothers will toss their joey out of their pouch if they're being chased or threatened by a predator because it makes escape easier.
11. Okay, but surely the beloved clown fish can't have a sinister side?
Well, sorry to ruin everything you hold dear, but it does. If the sole, dominant female in a school of clownfish dies, the most dominant male will develop female reproductive organs, and reproduce with the other male fish in the school that are often its own offspring.
Hansen's disease/leprosy is a bacterial infection. An earlier version of this post said it was a virus.