1. Put your jeans in the freezer to make them smell less.
2. Dry hand-washed clothes with a salad spinner.
3. To stop angora from shedding, put the item in a ziplock bag and freeze it for at least three hours.
4. If you get an oil stain your clothes, leave baby powder on it overnight.
5. Wash sneakers with baking soda, detergent and a toothbrush to liven them up.
6. Hang shirts quickly by sticking your hand through them one by one.
Then use your hand to thread the hanger through.
7. Wait five minutes before putting on clothes you've just ironed.
8. Avoid runs in tights by spraying hairspray on them.
9. And if you do get holes/runs, paint the edges of the rip with clear nail polish.
10. Use stale bread crust to remove dirt from suede.
11. Stretch out tight shoes by placing a bag of water in each and leaving them in the freezer overnight.
12. Or to stretch them out you can also put on socks before you put on the shoes and blowdry them.
13. Avoid fading your dark wash jeans by adding distilled vinegar to the last washing cycle.
14. Use a mixture of vinegar and cold water to scrub water stains off of leather.
15. Clean patent leather with Windex.
Not only will it help with scuff marks, but it will also restore some shine.
16. If you stain your clothes with red wine, use white wine to remove it.
17. Spray shirts that tend to get sweat stains with lemon juice before you wash them.
18. Use shaving cream to remove makeup (foundation particularly) from shirt collars.
19. If you don't have time (or the money) to get clothes hemmed, using a glue gun is a quick solution.
20. Break your leather jacket in by getting it wet.
21. Put the string of your hoodie back into the hood by threading it through a straw.
22. Or, attach a safety pin to the end as a guide.
23. See if jeans fit without trying them on by placing the waistline of the jeans around your neck.
According to Sarah Ahmed, Creative Director of DL1961 Premium Denim.