1. Go through your liquor cabinet and get rid of every bottle that has less than 2 ounces of booze left.
Drink it, or dump it out! Or if you really don’t want to pour it down the drain, leave it out in plain sight for the week. If you don’t drink it within seven days, let it go, let it goooo…..
Then, if you want to make the rest of your stash look nice and classy, try this DIY bar cart.
2. Go through your purse and do the same thing: toss the trash.
And if you keep a ~big~ purse with lots of goodies in it, sort those goodies into two or three smaller pouches. That way, you’re looking for a big fish in a small pond, instead of a small fish in the big ocean that is the dark bottom of your bag. From here.
3. Set up an “action” box or basket to help you keep track of bills and other paperwork.
This is a tutorial for a full filing system, but you can just use the “action” box concept to see if it works for you, first. You’ll have to set aside some time at the end of the week to go through everything and file it away, but this way you won’t lose track of things that you do need to take care of.
6. Choose one kind of accessory in your closet — be it tights, scarves, necklaces, or something else — and put your collection in order.
Get rid of the pieces that you don’t need anymore (I’m a big fan of the KonMari method), and then make a place for everything that’s left.
Want more organizing ideas? See last week’s tricks (plus more!) here.
- The Army Corps of Engineers and North Dakota police have ordered protesters to leave the Dakota Access Pipeline site by this afternoon or face arrest.
- Seven Earth-sized planets that could have water and possibly sustain life have been discovered orbiting a dwarf star, NASA announced today.
- The ACLU is suing the city of Milwaukee and its police for allegedly performing thousands of illegal stop-and-frisk searches that targeted minorities.
- #Peggygate: West Elm offers full refunds for the notoriously disintegrating Peggy Couch days after pulling it from its website and stores👏