26 Under-$25 Home Upgrades That Are Actually Easy
Because we're all about that low effort, high reward life.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Give your garage doors a dose of instant character and detail with a set of carriage-style magnets that take only seconds to attach and arrange so they look just right.
2. Freshen up your living room in a single step: stuff those throw pillows you're not in love with anymore into a new set of covers.
3. Spend two hours one afternoon making over your kitchen with a peel-and-stick tile backsplash that'll be easy to wipe clean when your baking gets a little messy.
4. If you don't love the ones you have right now, swap out your cabinet and drawer pull handles. Find ones that are the same length (and use the same holes) as the ones you have already so you can simply change 'em out, no drilling required.
5. Update outdated (but still perfectly functional) appliances in one weekend for less than the cost of dinner for two: simply cover them in stainless-steel-effect contact paper.
6. Stick some remote-controlled adhesive puck lights under your cabinets for the extra light you've always dreamed of, but didn't realize you could install on the cheap and in under an hour.
7. Build a simple wood frame and stretch a shower curtain or table cloth you love over it for a statement-size piece of wall art.
8. Hang those pendant lights you've always dreamed of, no electrician required: just pick up a couple conversion kits for your builder-grade can lights.
9. Or opt for a pendant lamp, which couldn't be simpler — all you have to do is hang it up and plug it into any regular outlet for that rustic bedside glow.
10. Erase old water stains from your antique furniture so it looks nearly brand-new again with the help of a miracle wood finish restorer.
11. Dress up a blank wall in your kitchen (and tbh any room) with a wood-framed tea towel you can switch out with the seasons — or just your mood.
12. Instantly double up your shoe storage space with a set of organizers that neatly stack the left shoe on top of the right, without making any pair too difficult to find.
13. Ditch your ancient shower head for a luxe dual-spray version with a handheld sprayer — it'll make cleaning everything (your dog, the tub, and yourself) so much easier, and installation couldn't be simpler.
14. Unify the look of the six different brightly labeled bottles on your shower shelf (which may be disrupting the chill vibes in your bathroom) by decanting them into this set of stainless-steel and glass soap dispensers.
15. Then hang a fresh bundle of eucalyptus under your new shower head to fully complete your bathroom's transformation from blah to ~spa~. Every time you hop in to wash up, it'll fill the air and steam with its luxe earthy, menthol-like aroma.
16. Toss an ultra soft fuzzy throw over basically any piece of furniture to make it an inviting spot to curl up and read.
17. Or opt for a pom-pom fringed blanket to add a playful little pop of color almost anywhere you need one.
18. Exchange your yellowing, cracked, or otherwise blah switch- and outlet-plates for new architectural covers to give every room a dramatically better look with almost zero effort required.
19. Banish all the stubborn carpet and upholstery stains you've left for too long with a spray cleaner basically guaranteed to make your jaw drop the moment you see the "after."
20. Replace the blah-looking house number next to your front door with a modern option for a quick curb-appeal boost.
21. Breathe new life into a scratched laminate-wood table in two steps: covering some of it with marble contact paper, and painting the rest to coordinate.
22. Magically conjure new storage and display space wherever you need it most with a basket shelf or two.
24. Stick on a pretty dishwasher magnet to never wonder whether the dishes are dirty but well-rinsed or clean but someone's just been too lazy to unload more than the one plate they used for their lunch.
25. Corral some of the fridge clutter that you're tired of dealing with by sorting certain products into individual stackable bins.
26. And attach pretty decals to your most-used bins so you can feel like a Professional Organizer every time you open your fridge, and so everyone knows where to find everything and where to put things away.
You, easily transforming your home with the help of these products (well, it won't be *this* easy, but it's as close as you can get!):
Reviews have been edited for length and clarity.