1. RiFF RAFF’s debut album for Mad Decent, NEON iCON, has been a long time in the making.
But the whole, piercingly blue-eyed thing is finally dropping on June 24, via Mad Decent and Lyor Cohen’s newly launched 300.
2. “No other artist can be a NEON iCON. I mean you can wear neon. You can mimic all my moves. But it will never be the same cosmo zone as RiFF RAFF aka JODY HiGHROLLER aka The NEON iCON.” RiFF RAFF said via email.
3. Like RiFF RAFF, the album’s songs are beautifully detailed and fantastically unreal all at once.
NEON iCON has stories about cocaine, stories about bi-curious mermaids, and shoutouts to Reese Witherspoon. There’s introspective singing and arrogant rapping and a lot of mystery. And jokes aside, the beats are legit.
- An adult film actress says Donald Trump, or someone on his behalf, offered her $10,000 and the use of his private jet to come to his suite.
- AT&T has made a deal to buy Time Warner — owner of CNN, HBO, and Warner Bros. — in one of the biggest acquisitions ever 💰
- The Chicago Cubs are heading to their first World Series since 1945 after beating the Los Angeles Dodgers 🐻
- A black metal band crashed a couple's engagement shoot and the photos are 🤘