1. RiFF RAFF’s debut album for Mad Decent, NEON iCON, has been a long time in the making.
But the whole, piercingly blue-eyed thing is finally dropping on June 24, via Mad Decent and Lyor Cohen’s newly launched 300.
2. “No other artist can be a NEON iCON. I mean you can wear neon. You can mimic all my moves. But it will never be the same cosmo zone as RiFF RAFF aka JODY HiGHROLLER aka The NEON iCON.” RiFF RAFF said via email.
3. Like RiFF RAFF, the album’s songs are beautifully detailed and fantastically unreal all at once.
NEON iCON has stories about cocaine, stories about bi-curious mermaids, and shoutouts to Reese Witherspoon. There’s introspective singing and arrogant rapping and a lot of mystery. And jokes aside, the beats are legit.
- Actor Bill Paxton has died at 61. He starred in classic films including "Twister," "Titanic," and "Aliens."
- Over two dozen people were injured after a truck crashed into a crowd at a Mardi Gras parade, New Orleans police said.
- Moderate to severe coral bleaching continues to affect the Great Barrier Reef almost a year after the worst bleaching crisis in history.
- Here's the beef: Rapper Remy Ma dragged Nicki Minaj in a new diss track, and she fired back with a Beyoncé endorsement 😱