1. Elle Varner’s new single “Don’t Wanna Dance” is all about being at the club and totally HATING it.
Taken from Varner’s upcoming sophomore album Four Letter Word, its vibe is not mopey, just plainly fed-up.
2. But Elle’s not the only girl out here who is OVER IT and down to talk about it. Earlier this year, 19-year-old rapper and singer Tink released this mad masterpiece:
“Don’t Tell Nobody” is perfect, because Tink’s not only calling out her dude’s cheating and coming clean about her desire to get back at him, but also talking about how she doesn’t even really want to disengage from the shitty relationship. After all, being mad can be thrilling!
3. (“Don’t Tell Nobody” is kinda the soap opera sequel to last year’s “Wanna Party,” where Tink GOES FLAWLESSLY OFF on people who do not impress her.)
4. And Maddie and Tae, a duo of 18-year-olds, are about to SHUT COUNTRY DOWN with “Girl In A Country Song,” a straight-faced indictment of how women are portrayed by the genre’s reigning bros.
“We used to get a little respect / Now we’re lucky if we even get / To climb up in the truck, keep our mouth shut, ride along / And be the girl in a country song,” they sing on the single, which will be released July 15. “It’s driving me red red red red red red redneck crazy.”
- Confused refugees question what's next as French authorities begin to clear out the Calais "Jungle" camp.
- Donald Trump keeps questioning polls and insisting he's winning — even as most show him behind nationally.
- At least 59 people were killed in an overnight militant attack at a police center in Quetta, Pakistani officials say.
- These parents came up with maybe the best dirty Halloween couple's costume ever. Parents ftw 😂👏