1. Elle Varner’s new single “Don’t Wanna Dance” is all about being at the club and totally HATING it.
Taken from Varner’s upcoming sophomore album Four Letter Word, its vibe is not mopey, just plainly fed-up.
2. But Elle’s not the only girl out here who is OVER IT and down to talk about it. Earlier this year, 19-year-old rapper and singer Tink released this mad masterpiece:
“Don’t Tell Nobody” is perfect, because Tink’s not only calling out her dude’s cheating and coming clean about her desire to get back at him, but also talking about how she doesn’t even really want to disengage from the shitty relationship. After all, being mad can be thrilling!
3. (“Don’t Tell Nobody” is kinda the soap opera sequel to last year’s “Wanna Party,” where Tink GOES FLAWLESSLY OFF on people who do not impress her.)
4. And Maddie and Tae, a duo of 18-year-olds, are about to SHUT COUNTRY DOWN with “Girl In A Country Song,” a straight-faced indictment of how women are portrayed by the genre’s reigning bros.
“We used to get a little respect / Now we’re lucky if we even get / To climb up in the truck, keep our mouth shut, ride along / And be the girl in a country song,” they sing on the single, which will be released July 15. “It’s driving me red red red red red red redneck crazy.”
- Donald Trump says the shooting of NBA star Dwyane Wade's cousin is evidence of high crime rates he believes will boost his support among black people in November's election.
- Facebook shifts to algorithms to decide which stories to highlight in its trending news section after allegations of liberal bias at the company.
- Protesters climbed Berlin's Brandenburg Gate to protest against refugees. About 1.1 million asylum-seekers arrived in Germany last year.