1. Solange brought out her big sister Beyoncé on Saturday night at Coachella, to dance to “Losing You.”
3. And then Bey went in for the hug.
This is what sister power looks like.
4. “Give it up for my favorite dance partner, my favorite person in the world — my sister Beyoncé,” Solange said as Bey left the stage.
With Solange’s help, B successfully snatched the spotlight at Saturday’s Coachella, even though she wasn’t on the official schedule. According to a rep for Twitter, she was the most talked-about artist on that day, mentioned more than 74,000 times. (Lorde came in second place for mentions, followed by Pharrell, Nas, and Jay Z.)
6. Then, a couple hours later, Nas was joined by onetime rival Jay Z during his headlining set, for “Dead Presidents II” and “Where I’m From.”
The two challenged each other at concerts and on tracks for four years in the early ’00s. The beef was put to rest at a 2005 concert, where Jay Z declared peace. Now, the rivalry seems like a distant memory.
7. Jay wore a cool-dad cape.
8. Watch a short clip of Jay Z and Nas:
9. And watch Nas’ full set:
Diddy shows up at the end to do “Hate Me Now.”
10. Not to be outdone, Pharrell and his oversized park ranger hat had a surprise in store for the Coachella crowd.
11. He brought out Gwen Stefani, for the first time since she gave birth, to perform “Hollaback girl.”
- Hidden from public view, there's a parallel legal universe that empowers corporations to bend countries to their will, an investigation reveals.
- Beyoncé slayed her "Lemonade" performance at the MTV VMAs Sunday night 👸🐝
- Fitbit has announced two new versions of the super-popular Charge HR and Flex, marking the first time that it has reimagined any of its existing devices ⌚️