4. “Somebody Loves You” is the lead single for Betty Who’s debut album, Take Me When You Go, which will drop October 7 via RCA.
5. But Betty’s been performing the song forever, and a less-polished “Somebody Loves You” video was actually released back in January 2013. It’s no small thing, then, that the song and its message still sound as fresh today as it did then.
6. “’Somebody Loves You’ has been in my life for so long that I wanted to start fresh in some way and make it new and exciting for myself and everyone who’s been a fan of the song since it came out,” Betty said via email.
“I wanted to make a video that captures the energy of the message of the song, which is about having fun, being joyful, and loving yourself, as well as falling in and out of love with other people.”
7. Thanks for caring, Betty <3
- White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer repeated claims that the inauguration was the most watched ever. But the numbers (still) don't make sense.
- President Donald Trump signed an executive order that bans foreign organizations that receive US funding from providing abortions.
- Democratic lawmakers say Trump's new hotel in Washington, DC, has lost over $1 million and violates its lease with the government.
- You could be consuming fake news on Snapchat Discover. The app is now making publishers fact-check their content 👻