1. When you don't have to talk to anyone.
2. The beauty of solitude.
3. Avoiding the spotlight at all costs.
4. Being a writer.
5. When you have the opportunity to be a listener in any conversation.
6. When you were scheduled to present a project to a group of peers but the professor canceled class.
7. Adding alcohol to any occasion.
8. Coming off as mysterious to people because they're always trying to figure out why you're so quiet.
9. People watching.
10. Enjoying the time you have to explore your imagination.
11. Any kind of art form.
12. Whoever invented texting.
13. And the magic that is sending emails.
14. The comfort of close friends and family.
15. Online dating.
16. And definitely the internet.
17. When the professor decides to have a lecture day instead of interrogating everyone about the week's lesson.
18. When you don't have to go around the room introducing yourself on the first day of class.
19. Making an excuse to avoid a social gathering.
20. Leaving parties early.
22. Successfully avoiding someone you may know in public.
23. Learning to embrace your shyness and accepting it as part of your awesome self.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!