2. Think this is an emergency? No one else does.
“When I asked how much longer it would be, I was told I was taking up their time.”
3. Nor, apparently, is it an experience that commands compassion – or privacy.
“I sat with other ladies who were still pregnant and waiting for scans… Seeing their happy faces tore me apart.”
4. You’d be forgiven for thinking you’d be better off at home. Except…
A staggering 31% of women who miscarried at home following a scan were not offered any pain relief at all. In fact, only 26% of women were given further medical care of the 56% who wanted it.
5. Still think you’d rather avoid hospital? Brace yourself.
“I don’t want to catch my miscarried embryo in a urine sample pot at home, keep it in the fridge overnight, then take it on the train for two hours for genetic testing.”
6. When it’s all over, don’t bank on any help in picking up the pieces.
“I had to wait six months to get counselling and lost six months of my life as I was not coping with the loss.”
7. All of which makes the final statistic unsurprising…
“When I felt ready to talk, I didn’t have anyone ready to listen.”
We need your help to improve miscarriage care in the UK…
We’re asking politicians to pledge to improve miscarriage care, based on the principles in our Code of Care, by 2020 - the end of the next parliament.
Click here to Tweet them, and help to improve miscarriage care for all women.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. It is also not paid advertising. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Kim Jong Nam, the half-brother of North Korea's leader, was killed with a chemical weapon last week at an airport in Malaysia.
- Caitlyn Jenner told President Trump his administration's rollback of protections for transgender kids was a "disaster" 😳
- Uber's CEO met with more than 100 female engineers on Thursday to discuss sexism and harassment allegations at the company.
- Beyoncé is backing out of Coachella under doctors' advice. But she plans to headline the festival again in 2018 😭🐝