1. In case you don’t know, seahorses are the most majestic creatures in the whole wide world.
2. They’re unique.
3. A bit unusual.
4. And quite susceptible to the outside world.
6. Why? Because seahorses have a flexible armor of bony plates that slide past each other during compression, allowing a seahorse to basically collapse upon itself.
7. So, yeah, seahorses are pretty badass. But they’re also a supremely extraordinary animal.
8. They have the head of a horse…
9. A long snout like an anteater…
10. The tail of a monkey mixed with a serpent…
11. A pouch like a kangaroo…
12. Chameleon-like eyes that move independently of each other…
13. And skin that changes to better blend in with the surroundings.
14. FUN FACT TIME!
16. But did you know that they’re also the only fish with a neck?
17. And one of only two fish with the ability to swim vertically?
18. Cool, right? But that’s not all.
20. And on top of all the characteristics that make the seahorse unique, each one has a distinct crown (coronet) — like our fingerprints — meaning no two seahorses look alike!
24. Seahorses, forever.
- A vandal allegedly smashed glass and threw a bible into a Colorado mosque on Sunday morning.