1. In the second half of the Uruguay-Costa Rica game, Costa Rica forward Joel Campbell shot a laser into the back of the net to even the score 1-1.
2. And like most World Cup goals, this one was followed by a celebration. Campbell scooped up the ball, tucked it under his shirt, and then proceeded to suck his thumb — a possible nod to his girlfriend, who is believed to be pregnant.
There have been speculations that Campbell’s girlfriend is pregnant, but nothing has yet been confirmed. This is perhaps his way of announcing it.
3. Campbell then went down on his knees and gave two salutes before kissing his ball baby.
4. Welcome to the World Cup, everybody!
- Donald Trump said that his comments about Sweden were referring to a Fox News segment, not an actual incident in the country 🇸🇪🙃
- The CEO of Uber is investigating sexism and sexual harassment claims after a former employee said her reports were ignored.
- Geologists say they've discovered an eighth continent beneath New Zealand. "Zealandia" is 94% submerged underwater 🔎🌍
- The US ambassador to Somalia gave the country's new president a "Make Somalia Great Again" hat and the exchange was ~confusing~.