1. This afternoon soccer fans were gifted with a rematch of the 2010 World Cup Final: Spain vs. Netherlands. What actually happened was a murder. The Dutch killed the defending champions and strolled to an easy 5-1 victory in their 2014 World Cup debut.
2. After falling to an early deficit, the Dutch responded with one of the most beautiful goals in World Cup history when Robin van Persie made a diving header from the 18-yard box.
3. After that, it was all Oranje. And after three straight goals, the play-by-play announcer even proclaimed “Spain’s embarrassment is complete.” Less than 10 minutes later, Netherlands scored again.
4. It was a massive statement by the Netherlands and the worst loss by a defending champ in World Cup history.
- A luxury event called Fyre Festival has turned into a total shitshow. "I think the festival took on a life of its own," the event's co-founder said 😱
- American Airlines gave workers a raise — to the highest pay in the industry — and Wall Street is furious. The company's stock has been falling since Thursday.
- We found an average of about one false statement per day from Trump and his aides throughout the president's first 100 days in office 💯
- A teen had a remarkably petty response when her ex asked for his prom money back: She paid him in all pennies 😏