1. Going Out in the Cold + Wet Head = Sick
You can tell your nagging mother that sickness doesn’t discriminate whether your head is wet, dry or bald when you go out into the cold.
Keeping your noggin warm is still a good idea though!
2. Fashionable Vikings Wearing Horned Helmets
Sorry Viking warrior cosplayers: by the time the Vikings actually came around, horned helmets were but a fad in the footnote of history.
7. Stretch —> Exercise
Stop right there! I’m sure you heard it all by now: that stretching before exercise improves performance and prevents injury. Scientists are now saying it just slows you down.
Stretching before running, for example, reduces your efficiency by 5 percent. And there never has been much evidence suggesting that stretching reduces the risk of injury anyway.
9. 7DY(Dog Years) = 1 HY (Human Years)
This myth never gets old.
While dogs mature to our equivalent of 21 in 2 years, aging significantly slows down to an average of 4 years after that.
Here’s a better way to determine your canine companion’s real age: subtract two from the age, multiply that by four and add 21.
10. George Washington’s Dental Profile: Wooden Teeth
No, George Washington was NOT a beaver. His dentures were actually made out of gold, hippopotamus ivory, lead and human and animal teeth.
Notably, the dentures had bolts installed to keep them together and springs to help them open.
- Hillary Clinton's campaign is making an unprecedented play for Utah, a state that hasn't gone blue since 1964 🔵
- It's not just you. A massive attack has brought down major sites like Twitter and Spotify for some users in the US.
- Kesha fans rejoice: Sony just confirmed that a new album is in the works 🎶
- People are trolling Eric Trump for apparently getting caught putting lemonade in a free water cup at In-N-Out.