1. Going Out in the Cold + Wet Head = Sick
You can tell your nagging mother that sickness doesn’t discriminate whether your head is wet, dry or bald when you go out into the cold.
Keeping your noggin warm is still a good idea though!
2. Fashionable Vikings Wearing Horned Helmets
Sorry Viking warrior cosplayers: by the time the Vikings actually came around, horned helmets were but a fad in the footnote of history.
7. Stretch —> Exercise
Stop right there! I’m sure you heard it all by now: that stretching before exercise improves performance and prevents injury. Scientists are now saying it just slows you down.
Stretching before running, for example, reduces your efficiency by 5 percent. And there never has been much evidence suggesting that stretching reduces the risk of injury anyway.
9. 7DY(Dog Years) = 1 HY (Human Years)
This myth never gets old.
While dogs mature to our equivalent of 21 in 2 years, aging significantly slows down to an average of 4 years after that.
Here’s a better way to determine your canine companion’s real age: subtract two from the age, multiply that by four and add 21.
10. George Washington’s Dental Profile: Wooden Teeth
No, George Washington was NOT a beaver. His dentures were actually made out of gold, hippopotamus ivory, lead and human and animal teeth.
Notably, the dentures had bolts installed to keep them together and springs to help them open.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Obama shortened Chelsea Manning's 35-year sentence for leaking documents to WikiLeaks. She'll be freed in May.
- A former "Apprentice" contestant has filed a lawsuit against Trump for calling her a liar over sexual assault allegations.
- Birth control startups are seeing a spike in demand because many women are nervous coverage under Obamacare will disappear.
- You can now dig through the CIA's secret history. 12 millions declassified docs are on the internet for all to see 🤓📚