"I Didn't Bring Butter With My Banana Bread" And 14 Other Ridiculous Complaints People Got At Work
"A coworker hugged me when I gave her a birthday present. Someone reported us for 'inappropriate PDA.'"
And there were so many outrageous responses! Here are some of the top-voted answers:
4. "I work at Walmart. A customer complained that I was on my phone the whole time. If you work at Walmart or any retail place, then you know we have those stupid Android handhelds. I use it to make sure grown adults aren’t stealing and to do age checks and stuff."
"My manager looked at the video and was like, 'Yeah. That’s not a phone. It’s just something she needs to do her job.' Customer just couldn’t comprehend that."
7. "Working in retail, I once said, 'You guys have a great day.' I was reported by an elderly woman who objected to not being addressed as 'ma'am.'"
"She also objected to 'have a great day' because she had come into the aquarium store because her fish was dead, and she was upset that someone would tell her to 'have a great day' when her fish had died."
8. "I once was told there was a high-level meeting being held about me…on account of my emails being written too well."
"I can write quick, well-worded emails, and someone in upper management thought that I must have been spending too much time writing my emails, possibly as a means of appearing superior to others."
10. "A friend was a contract engineer for a tech giant. If you are unfamiliar with the concept, contractors are second-class citizens. If there's a perk employees get, assume that it is off limits for contractors. She did some above and beyond work for an employee, so that employee took her to the admin's desk and let her select a piece of candy as a thank you (the candy jar and contents were paid for by the company)."
"The admin witnessed this and reported her for stealing company property. If the employee had taken a random piece of candy and given it to my friend, all would have been fine. But we can't let the subhuman pick their own treat!"
14. "My husband is a dentist. A new patient reported him to the Board of Dentistry for recommending that she get her teeth cleaned."
Has anyone made a ridiculous complaint about you before? LMK in the comments below!
Note: Some responses have been edited for length and/or clarity.