1. Ahh, Common Core math. Now implemented in 46 states, the controversial standards have had parents crossing their eyes in confusion and frustration since the day it was introduced.
2. Many parents have taken to social media to share their disdain for the new standards.
3. But one Ohio dad showed his kid’s school how far removed from real-life application he feels Common Core is in a way that’s sure to get their attention: He challenged them to take it to the bank.
The donation check to Melridge Elementary was written out according to the longform Common Core standards — which anyone old enough to work at a bank would have to learn from scratch before cashing the check.
4. Say what you want about the Common Core, but that’s one hell of a slick dad-troll, Douglas from Ohio. We salute you.
- Oops: "Moonlight" won Best Picture at the Oscars, but they accidentally gave it to "La La Land" first 😳 ⁉️
- Philip Bilden, the businessman nominated by President Trump to be secretary of the Navy, has withdrawn himself from consideration.
- Actor Bill Paxton has died at 61. He starred in classics including "Twister," "Titanic," "Big Love," and "Aliens."
- The Nokia brick phone is making a comeback — it's been reimagined with a colored screen, but the game Snake hasn't gone anywhere 🐍📲