2. DIY a belly band out of a tank top to add extra length to your tops without piling on the sweaty layers.
Follow this tutorial from A Beautiful Mess to DIY your own. Or you could just go for it with the maternity pants early to get the most bang for your buck. They really are super comfy.
7. Some states will issue you a temporary disabled parking placard.
You’ll need a doctor’s note, which usually won’t come until late in your pregnancy, but it’s helpful when walking long stretches becomes painful.
8. If you live in a warm climate, keep a bra in the freezer.
It’s surprising how hot your boobs can get when you’re incubating a whole person.
10. If you just can’t be comfortable without lying on your belly, you could always pick up a giant inner tube.
12. Keep a list handy so when someone says “Is there anything I can do for you?” you can respond with a confident “yes!”
There are tons of things you’ll want to have in order before the baby is born. Accept help wherever it is offered. Even if the answer is pre-stocking diapers or having some diaper balm in the house so you’re not running to the drugstore at 3 a.m. with a crying baby, you’ll be glad you said yes.
14. Buy some comfy, up-sized joggers at the beginning of your pregnancy that will double as transition clothes when the baby is born.
You’ll “transition” into maternity clothes just like you’ll “transition” out of them. Using the same clothes for both will save you money.
This pair is just one of many from Asos.
16. There’s a lot of extra blood flow to your lady areas during this time, so it’s a good idea to use a little numbing spray before you go for a wax.
Not that you have to wax, ever. But I can tell you from experience it’s nice not to have to deal with hair if you’re all stitched up from front to back. ;)
19. Keep yourself hydrated.
Drink drink drink (well, once the morning sickness has passed) — nothing will keep you (and your baby!) feeling better than being well hydrated.
(That gif reminded you that you have to pee, didn’t it? Sorry.)
- Over two dozen people were injured after a truck crashed into a crowd at a Mardi Gras parade, New Orleans police said.
- President Trump said he will skip the White House correspondents' dinner. On Friday, he called the media "the enemy of the people."
- Moderate to severe coral bleaching continues to affect the Great Barrier Reef almost a year after the worst bleaching crisis in history.
- Here's the beef: Rapper Remy Ma dragged Nicki Minaj in a new diss track, and she fired back with a Beyoncé endorsement 😱