6. A crocodile steals your son and promises to return him only if you can correctly guess what the crocodile will do with your son. Assuming the croc keeps its word, what would happen if you guessed that he wouldn’t return your son?
This is a variant of the liar paradox.
…BUT, even weirder, some believe that time has a self-healing quality that protects it from such paradoxes. So, if you tried to kill your grandfather, you’d always fail.
Another example of this occurs in the film The Time Machine. The main character travels back in time to save his dead fiancé, only to discover that she will still die in a different way.
12. Speaking of time travel… if we haven’t already been visited by people from the future yet, does that mean time travel will never be invented?
But don’t worry, there’s still hope! Many believe that time machines, if invented, would only be able to travel as far back as the first time they’re used, since that’s when the time wormhole would be opened (crazy, I know).
- An adult film actress says Donald Trump, or someone on his behalf, offered her $10,000 and the use of his private jet to come to his suite.
- AT&T has made a deal to buy Time Warner — owner of CNN, HBO, and Warner Bros. — in one of the biggest acquisitions ever 💰
- The Chicago Cubs are heading to their first World Series since 1945 after beating the Los Angeles Dodgers 🐻
- A black metal band crashed a couple's engagement shoot and the photos are 🤘