1. Fifty years ago, Sir Anthony Hopkins (of Hannibal Lecter fame) wrote a waltz.
He dabbled in music long before he became an actor.
2. However, Sir Anthony did not hear his waltz until Dutch violinist André Rieu performed it with his orchestra in 2011, nearly fifty years after it was written- and the reaction is beautiful.
Not to mention that the waltz itself is GORGEOUS.
3. Here is the performance of “And The Waltz Goes On,” written by Sir Anthony Hopkins.
7. Here is Hopkins talking about the piece of music.
He calls the writing of it ‘fiddling around.’ Humble much?
- Swedes are confused after Trump talked about a nonexistent incident in Sweden during his rally in Florida 🇸🇪🙃
- The Trump administration is reportedly considering a set of policies to prosecute parents who illegally enter the US with their children.
- The US ambassador to Somalia gave the country's new president a "Make Somalia Great Again" hat in the color of Somalia's flag 🇸🇴
- One man scammed his way through New York Fashion week by dressing up as Sisqó — and people really believed him 😩