1. “Walking On Sunshine,” Katrina and the Waves
♫ And I’m walking on sunshine, whoa-oh, walking on sunshine, whoa-oh, I’m walking on sunshine, whoa-oh- and don’t it feel good? ♫
2. “Under the Boardwalk,” The Drifters
♫ Oh, when the sun beats down and burns the tar up on the roof and your shoes get so hot, you wish your tired feet were fireproof, under the boardwalk, down by the sea, on a blanket with my baby is where I’ll be! ♫
3. “Hot in Herre,” Nelly
♫ It’s getting hot in here! ♫
4. “Elevate,” St. Lucia
♫ You know that I want to get away and I cannot wait for another day.
You know that I want to elevate, time to pick it up and celebrate! ♫
This song just exudes cheer.
5. “Feeling Good,” Nina Simone
♫ Birds flyin’ high, you know how I feel. Sun in the sky, you know how I feel. Breeze driftin’ on by, you know how I feel. It’s a new dawn, it’s a new day, it’s a new life for me! ♫
If Nina isn’t your jam, Michael Buble and Muse also have versions, as do a plethora of other artists.
6. “Animal Love I,” Charlene Kaye
♫ ‘Cause when I look at you, baby, it’s like looking straight into the sun! ♫
(If this doesn’t make you want to get up and dance, then something might be wrong). (Also, this music video was filmed in one shot- how cool is that)?
7. “Wouldn’t It Be Nice,” The Beach Boys
♫ Wouldn’t it be nice if we could wake up in the morning when the day is new?
And, after having spent the day together, hold each other close the whole night through? ♫
(Seriously, is it even possible to have a “warm” playlist without The Beach Boys)?
8. “Three Little Birds,” Bob Marley & The Wailers
♫ Don’t worry about a thing, ‘cause every little thing is gonna be alright! ♫
9. “Home,” Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
♫ Laugh until we think we’ll die, barefoot on a summer night: never could be sweeter than with you! ♫
10. “Good Day Sunshine,” The Beatles
♫ I feel good in a special way: I’m in love and it’s a sunny day! ♫
11. “Send Me On My Way,” Rusted Root
♫ Now pick me up with golden hand: I may see you, I may tell you to run. You know what they say about the young. ♫
Also known as the “Ice Age song!” to children and young adults.
12. “Summertime,” Ella FItzgerald and Louis Armstrong
♫ Summertime and the livin’ is easy; fish are jumpin’ and the cotton is high. ♫
Again, if Ella and Louis aren’t your thing, there are SO many other versions of this song: Janis Joplin, Billie Holiday, Norah Jones, even Scarlett Johansson!
13. “What A Wonderful World,” Louis Armstrong
♫ I see trees of green, red roses, too- I see them bloom for me and you, and I think to myself, “What a wonderful world!” ♫
Here’s Eva Cassidy’s beautiful rendition, as well:
14. “Hot Blooded,” Foreigner
♫ I’m hot blooded, check it and see: I got a fever of a hundred and three! ♫
15. “It’s A Beautiful Day,” U2
♫ It’s a beautiful day! Sky falls, you feel like it’s a beautiful day: don’t let it get away! ♫
16. “Island In The Sun,” Weezer
♫ On an island in the sun, we’ll be playing and having fun, and it makes me feel so fine
I can’t control my brain! ♫
17. “Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What A Wonderful World,” Israel Kamakawiwo’ole (Iz)
♫ The colors of the rainbow, so pretty in the sky, are also on the faces of people passing by. I see friends shaking hands saying, “How do you do?” They’re really saying, “I, I love you.” ♫
(Seriously one of the most beautiful renditions of any song ever).
(Also, his surname is pronounced “kah-mah-kah-vee-voh-oh-lay”).
18. “Surfin’ Safari,” The Beach Boys
♫ Let’s go surfin’ now, everybody’s learnin’ how, come on a safari with me! ♫
19. “Here Comes The Sun,” The Beatles
♫ Little darlin’, it’s been a long, cold, lonely winter. Little darlin’, it feels like years since it’s been here. Here comes the sun! ♫
- Trump may have initially blamed Democrats for Friday's failed health care bill, but it took only 2 days for him to start blaming Republicans, too.
- United Airlines stopped 3 girls from flying because they were wearing leggings. The rule applies to travelers on "company benefit travel."
- South Korean prosecutors have reportedly asked a judge to issue an arrest warrant for former President Park Geun-hye.
- "Orange Is The New Black" actor Samira Wiley and writer Lauren Morelli officially tied the knot in Palm Springs 🌴