By a vote of 51 to 13, Rhode Island’s marriage equality bill passed their state House of Representatives on Thursday. The bill now faces an uncertain future in the State Senate.
Seventy-year-old Ken Fish from Warwick, Rhode Island, told Time magazine:
“I wanted to be here to see it. Go back 10 years, even five years, and I wasn’t sure we’d ever get here. We’re not done yet, but this is a big one.”
4. You can see video of some testimony and the passage here:
5. And here’s a pretty great picture of Rhode Island State Rep. Frank Ferri and his partner (in the lower left) giving high fives to Wendy Baker and Judy McDonnell after the vote.
This picture is actually from when the bill was unanimously passed in the State House Committee.
- The chairman of the National Governors Association said Trump has promised only criminals will deported and random spot checks won't be conducted.
- The trans sister of a Trump inauguration singer must be allowed to use the restroom that fits her gender ID, a judge ruled.
- The suspect in a Kansas shooting that left an Indian man dead thought he was shooting Iranians, and the FBI is investigating as a possible hate crime.
- Elon Musk announced that his SpaceX company will send two tourists around the moon by 2018 🚀🌝