First of all, this is a real event. At a real place. With real surfing dogs. It happens once a year near San Diego. It will change your life.
It’s basically the only place you’ll see these truly incredible sights…
54. Little pugs, who happen to be cancer survivors, wearing pink angel wings.
LuLu, while not a surfer, was there to support her fellow surfing pals.
53. Surf moms making their babies swim even though they weren’t totally sure it was a good idea.
52. The chillest of chill dogs having a chill-ass time chilling on the beach.
51. French bulldogs in little life jackets who absolutely hate the water.
I mean, COME ON.
50. Rehearsal surfing.
Some dogs, like humans, have to get used to the water.
49. Surfing golden retrievers.
48. Surfing dachshunds.
47. The amazing look on human’s faces when their dog rides a wave…
46. … and the even more amazing look on their faces when their dog wipes out.
45. Pugs in festive flower leis.
44. Bulldogs obsessed with seaweed.
43. Surf stage moms.
42. Intense pre-surf pep talks.
41. Less intense but still inspiring pre-surf pep talks.
40. Fan girls.
39. Surfing collies.
38. Dogs in bags wearing bandanas.
37. Incredibly supportive spectators.
So much positive energy on that beach.
36. Surfing Frenchies.
35. Dogs surfing backward.
It’s actually a fairly popular surfing technique for some of these dogs. Your faves could never.
34. Surfing pugs. You’ll learn that there’s NOTHING more entertaining than watching a pug surf.
OK one more pic because look at that determination. It’s straight up inspiring.
33. BULLDOG PUPPIES MEETING WATER FOR THE FIRST TIME.
SHAKING THEIR SCRUNCHY LITTLE FACES.
32. Daring individuals attempting to put two bulldogs on a surfboard at once.
31. Dog instructors cheering their students on.
30. Two dogs in costumes surfing as one.
Until they aren’t surfing as one.
29. Dogs literally losing their goddamn minds in little life jackets.
28. Bulldogs having the time of their lives.
27. Golden retrievers having the time of their lives.
26. LITERALLY EVERYONE HAVING THE BEST GODDAMN TIME OF THEIR LIVES.
25. Bulldogs demonstrating that they are clearly the best surfers.
24. … but even they wipe out.
23. One of the most common faces you’ll see is a face that is anticipating imminent doom.
22. But you will also see a lot of faces of pure joy.
21. And lots of tongues out because they’re dogs.
20. Surfing dalmatians.
19. Dogs so dainty not even their paws can touch the water.
18. Boxers that hate their lives.
17. Boxers who love their lives.
16. Golden retrievers who couldn’t care less.
15. Dogs clinging for their lives.
14. Humans being pummeled by waves.
13. Australian shepherds showing basic bitches how it’s done.
12. Puppies in holes.
11. Corgis. Because what kind of party is a party without a corgi?!
Answer: NOT A REAL PARTY.
10. Stands dedicated to surf dog celebrities.
Dozer is basically the Kelly Slater of surfing dogs.
9. Frightening teeth ball vendors.
8. So many bulldogs. So much chilling.
7. Little dogs living their best lives.
6. HUGE crowds of people cheering on dogs surfing.
Look how many people are on that beach!
5. Dogs surfing on only three paws!
4. Extreme happiness after a successful surf.
3. Extreme exhaustion after a successful surf.
2. A BULLDOG IN A BIKINI.
Because there is a costume contest.
1. And a Chihuahua that looks a lot like his owner wearing a wig.
Thank you for your time.
All photos taken by Matt.
- Over two dozen people were injured after a truck crashed into a crowd at a Mardi Gras parade, New Orleans police said.
- Here's the beef: Rapper Remy Ma dragged Nicki Minaj in a new diss track, and she fired back with a Beyoncé endorsement 😱