During SportsCenter today, noted yeller and NBA analyst Stephen A. Smith was asked which streak is more impressive: The Miami Heat’s 14-game win streak or the Chicago Blackhawks’ 22-game point streak.
Okay, but the Blackhawks haven’t lost a single game this season! (They have 19 wins and three shootout losses, which still count as a point in the system the NHL adopted in 2004.)
Huh, what ties?
But Stephen, the last time there was a tie in the NHL was April 4, 2004!
8. Barack Obama was still a Senator.
In fact, this picture was the earliest picture of Obama in Getty Images. The photo was taken on April 4, 2004.
9. The Montreal Expos still existed.
10. The cast of Harry Potter looked like this:
11. Phil Mickelson had yet to win a major tournament.
He won his first Masters seven days later.
12. The first iPhone was still three years away.
13. The Curse of the Bambino was still totally real!
And Nomar was still the Red Sox shortstop.
14. Check out his entire, confused rant:
H/T Matt Yoder at Awful Announcing
- Republicans have breathed new life into their once dead Obamacare replacement and it may be enough to get the bill through the House.
- People are calling the Trump administration's new "criminal alien" hotline to report how they've been victimized by space aliens 👽☎️
- Sebastian Gorka couldn't make it as a national security expert in Hungary, but that's not stopping him from advising President Trump.
- Chipotle is finally adding dessert to its menu and cinnamon, honey, and caramel butter dipping sauce will be involved 😋