In 1995, a 22-year-old, scrawny, star-struck Ichiro Suzuki met Michael Jordan at the peak of his career. At the time Ichiro was a complete unknown to Americans. In Japan, he was a budding star. Watch him bug out.
2. Here’s Ichiro looking absolutely adorable in front of MJ’s locker.
Yes, that is a Tom and Jerry turtleneck sweater!
3. Here he is shaking hands with his idol.
Commence freak out in…
At the time, Hideo Nomo had just completed his first season in the MLB and won rookie of the year. He was the first Japanese-born player to permanently relocate to Major League Baseball in the U.S.
13. Here’s MJ’s reaction to Ichiro saying he hit his first home run off Nomo.
Translation: “Oh, shit. This little guy’s pretty good.”
14. Memories for a lifetime.
- Confused refugees question what's next as French authorities begin to clear out the Calais "Jungle" camp.
- Obamacare premiums will jump an average 25% in 2017, but federal officials say subsidies will keep costs low for most people.
- The UK government has backed a third runway at London's Heathrow Airport, saying it'll benefit the the country's economy ✈️
- The first Gilmore Girls trailer is finally here and it looks like Luke and Lorelai are together 💛☕️