In 1995, a 22-year-old, scrawny, star-struck Ichiro Suzuki met Michael Jordan at the peak of his career. At the time Ichiro was a complete unknown to Americans. In Japan, he was a budding star. Watch him bug out.
2. Here’s Ichiro looking absolutely adorable in front of MJ’s locker.
Yes, that is a Tom and Jerry turtleneck sweater!
3. Here he is shaking hands with his idol.
Commence freak out in…
At the time, Hideo Nomo had just completed his first season in the MLB and won rookie of the year. He was the first Japanese-born player to permanently relocate to Major League Baseball in the U.S.
13. Here’s MJ’s reaction to Ichiro saying he hit his first home run off Nomo.
Translation: “Oh, shit. This little guy’s pretty good.”
14. Memories for a lifetime.
- A federal judge ruled that Texas can't cut Planned Parenthood out of its Medicaid program.
- According to the World Bank, a child born in 2014, on average, will live for more than 71 years.