2. Actually he might be the best at it.
3. But he’s even better at dancing.
6. So he’s still pretty sore about it not being a planet anymore.
(Fast forward to 2-minute, 10-second mark.)
9. Even in high school when Stafford was Kershaw’s catcher…
Stafford quit after sophomore year to focus on football.
10. And Kershaw was the center for the football team!
Kershaw quit after freshman year to focus on baseball.
11. Kershaw pitched a perfect game his senior year, striking out every batter AND hitting a solo home run.
He’s a real-life Steve Nebraska! (Though the game was only five innings because of the mercy rule.)
12. Speaking of high school, that’s where Kershaw met his wife, Ellen.
16. With a great sense of humor…
So Clay, um, what would you think about having a catch sometime?
CORRECTION: Ed Melson did not win a Cy Young award. An earlier version of this article stated that Ellen Kershaw’s grandfather won the Cy Young. Melson graduated from Texas A&M and owned a Volkswagen Dealership in Abilene, Texas. However I stand by the fact it would have been really cool if he won a Cy Young.
- Tonight at 8:30pm ET, BuzzFeed is celebrating the biggest night in Hollywood, the Oscars, with a live show and tipsy game of bingo 🏆🍹
- Philip Bilden, the businessman nominated by President Trump to be Secretary of the Navy, has withdrawn himself from consideration.
- Actor Bill Paxton has died at 61. He starred in classic films including "Twister," "Titanic," "Big Love," and "Aliens."
- The Nokia brick phone is making a comeback — reimagined with a colored screen, but the game Snake hasn't gone anywhere 🐍📲