22 Reasons Clayton Kershaw Would Be An Awesome Best Friend
The 25-year-old Dodgers ace MIGHT be the best pitcher in baseball, but he's DEFINITELY a pretty cool dude.
1. I mean, he's pretty good at his job.
Cy Young on the left, Gold Glove on the right.
2. Actually he might be the best at it.
3. But he's even better at dancing.
4. His great-uncle Clyde Tombaugh was a famous astronomer...
5. Who found Pluto.
6. So he's still pretty sore about it not being a planet anymore.
7. He also grew up with Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford.
8. They played basically every sport together...
9. Even in high school when Stafford was Kershaw's catcher...
10. And Kershaw was the center for the football team!
11. Kershaw pitched a perfect game his senior year, striking out every batter AND hitting a solo home run.
12. Speaking of high school, that's where Kershaw met his wife, Ellen.
14. During a break from enjoying The Bachelor night with the girls.
15. Kershaw is simply a goofball.
16. With a great sense of humor...
17. Who has no shame about attending Carly Rae Jepson and Justin Bieber concerts...
19. Enjoys go-karts...
20. Appreciates the rarity of finding a lefty pair of scissors...
21. And loves ping-pong.
22. Even cheetahs are friends with him!
So Clay, um, what would you think about having a catch sometime?
CORRECTION: Ed Melson did not win a Cy Young award. An earlier version of this article stated that Ellen Kershaw's grandfather won the Cy Young. Melson graduated from Texas A&M and owned a Volkswagen Dealership in Abilene, Texas. However I stand by the fact it would have been really cool if he won a Cy Young.