1. The Feeling - You’ll See
Nothing screams “feels” like an acoustic guitar and piano. That’s why UK pop-rocker’s The Feeling start this list off. “You’ll See” is a ballad for the ages. Sweet, but bitter.
2. Bruno Mars - When I Was Your Man
After a breakup, it’s sometimes hard to realize that you might have been selfish and actually at fault in the relationship. Bruno Mars gets that and wrote a song about it called “When I Was Your Man.” Pay attention fellas, ladies like attention.
3. The Band Perry - Done.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. Kimberly Perry is a prime example of that. And if the in-your-face-and-to-the-point lyricism in “Done.” doesn’t give you a clue, maybe the punctuation in the title of the song will resonate. It’s over, period.
4. Rihanna - Stay
Sometimes a casual relationship can escalate a bit too quickly. One can get hung up on somebody that can’t give them what they need and it ends up dissipating with one half getting super bummed out. Rihanna and Mikky Ekko sing this one out for the ones who get left behind.
5. CHVRCHES - We Sink
Maybe you haven’t broken up yet, but maybe you need to. Have you thought about where your relationship is going? If it’s not heading in a positive direction, take a leaf out of CHVRCHES songbook and talk it out.
6. The Naked and Famous - Hearts Like Ours
Relationships take work and sometimes they come at the cost of dreams. It’s important to evaluate your priorities, what’s weighing you down, and what it is you want. Don’t forget that you’re numero uno.
7. Bat for Lashes - What’s A Girl To Do?
Look, if you’re not feeling it, you’re not feeling it. Don’t waste anyone’s time pretending.
8. The Shins - Gone for Good
And definitely don’t keep a freeloader around. They’ll only drag you down.
9. Daughtry - Over You
If you end up calling it off, it’s ok. Sometimes breakups are for the best. In Daughtry’s case, it took a breakup to move on to much better things.
10. Alanis Morissette - You Oughta Know
The “dumpee” isn’t going to take it as well as the “dumper.”
11. Leona Lewis - Better In Time
But for either of you, when it’s over, it’s important to stay optimistic. Tell yourself “I’mma be okay.”
12. Maroon 5 - Not Coming Home
That you’ve grown and have a bit less stress in your life than you did before.
13. Sara Evans - A Little Bit Stronger
That you’ll be stronger for it.
14. Alice DJ - Better Off Alone
And that it’s ok to listen to 90’s techno again.
15. Michael McDonald - I Can Let You Go Now
Now you can let go. You can move on with your life.
16. Jessie James - I Look So Good (Without You)
Because you know what? You’re sexy and it’s time for you to flaunt it again. Get out there, have some fun!
17. Rachel Yamagata - The Reason Why
And if you get super bummed out later after your “fun night out” with friends, it’s fine. Take some time, pour yourself some wine, and mull it all over.
18. Death Cab for Cutie - Someday You Will Be Loved
It’s natural for nostalgia to come rushing back to you at some point. You’ll think about mistakes you made and where it went wrong. That’s when you have two options.
19. The Smiths - I Know It’s Over
Understand that it’s over…
20. City and Colour - We Found Each Other In The Dark
Or act on the idea that there could still be a chance. That if you really love them, you can still make it work. Romance movie style.
21. Miley Cyrus - Wrecking Ball
Because while you’re hung up on them…
22. Keane - A Bad Dream
They could still be hung up on you. (They’re probably not…)
23. Adele - Someone Like You
If they aren’t and they’ve already moved on, wish them the best and hope they don’t forget you. Not all your times were bad. Remember the good ones.
24. Katy Perry - Part of Me
But remember that they aren’t everything. You’re still a person who has a lot going for them and can be good without someone else.
25. Tegan and Sara - Goodbye, Goodbye
Say your goodbyes…
26. Cee Lo - F*ck You
…and maybe some obscenities…
27. Ben Folds Five - Song For The Dumped
‘Cos honestly, who dumps you AFTER you buy them dinner? Get your sweaters and records back and get the Hell out of there.
28. Taylor Swift - We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together
And if they come crawling back, forget it. It’s not happening.
- Trump may have initially blamed Democrats for Friday's failed health care bill, but it took only 2 days for him to start blaming Republicans, too.
- A vandal allegedly smashed glass and threw a bible into a Colorado mosque on Sunday morning.
- Prime Minister Theresa May is starting the UK's withdrawal process from the European Union this week. But how will Brexit work?
- And Muslims in Birmingham told BuzzFeed News what it's like in the city that finds itself under the spotlight because of the murderous actions of London attacker Khalid Masood.