6. You have inexplicable dance moves for many songs in your group’s repertoire.
It’s a conditioned response to snap, shake, bop, give spirit fingers, etc. Part of you hated it, but the fact that you’re still busting a move whenever you hear one of those songs proves that a little bit of you ate that shit up.
7. You know that the group name can make you or break you.
You could go obvious, cutesy, or completely badass, but the truth is the groups with the puns have that little extra something special. Here are some of the greats*:
The Accafellas-Michigan State University
Chordially Yours-Boston University
The Clef Hangers-University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
The Cleftomaniacs-The College of William & Mary
Deep Treble-Rutgers University
The Din & Tonics-Harvard University
Four Scores-Gettysburg College
Hawkapella-University of Hartford
*Clearly this is not an exhaustive list…the a capella puns are aca-mazing and endless.
11. You look forward to Christmas so you can hear Straight No Chaser on the radio.
It is a universally known fact that combining Toto’s Africa with The Twelve Days of Christmas was a capella gold.
- John Glenn, a pioneering astronaut and the first American to orbit the Earth, has died at 95. Godspeed, Glenn 🚀🇺🇸
- Trump has picked Andy Puzder, CEO of Hardee's and Carl Jr.'s and an outspoken critic of raising the minimum wage, for labor secretary
- Black Lives Matter — the protest movement born out of a desire to stem police brutality — has taken root across the globe.
- Mick Jagger is a new dad at age 73 and people have some things to say 👀