14. Spanish 101 (Season 1, Ep 2)
Why it’s awesome: This is the episode where we first meet Chang. Also, this marks the debut of Troy and Abed’s ending credits skit.
Best scene: Pierce and Jeff perform their ridiculous Spanish assignment to Aimee Man’s ‘Wise Up’
13. Horror Fiction in Seven Spooky Steps (Season 3, Ep 5)
Why it’s awesome: Britta gets everyone to tell a scary story, to figure out who is a psychopath in their own Changluage. Also, it’s the debut of Abed’s awesome muzak tune.
Best scene: Troy’s scary Frankenstein story.
12. Basic Lupine Urology (Season 3, Ep 17)
Why it’s awesome: It’s a Law and Order homage about a crime against a yam. Enough said.
Best scene: The cross exam scene, where Annie does her victory confession dance.
11. Aerodynamics of Gender (Season 2, Ep 7)
Why it’s awesome: It’s a tribute to The Secret Garden, with a trampoline; Pierce is tragically cruel, and Hilary Duff plays a mean bitch on campus.
Best scene: Pierce makes Troy cry while he jumps on the trampoline.
10. Regional Holiday Music (Season 3, Ep 10)
Why it’s awesome: It guest-stars Taran Killam as a crazy singing teacher. Also, the Christmas song over the end credits is perfection.
Best scene: Annie tries to brainwash Jeff into joining the glee club with a sexy ‘Santa Baby’ song, singing “You smawty, me dumb, help pwetty have fun! Boop-y doop-y doop boop, SEX.”
9. Introduction to Statistics (Season 1, Ep 7)
Why it’s awesome: You get to see Pierce tripping balls.
Best scene: Abed plays Batman, while Troy plays a young Eddie Murphy.
8. Paradigms of Human Memory (Season 2, ep 21)
Why it’s awesome: The whole episode is made up of fake flashbacks.
Best scene: There’s a montage of scenes showing Abed and Pierce’s unresolved sexual tension to the tune of Sara Bareilles’ “Gravity”.
7. Digital Estate Planning (Season 3, Ep 20)
Why it’s awesome: Most of the episode takes place in a platform game. Cool. Cool, cool, cool.
Best scene: Everything.
6. Documentary Filmmaking: Redux (Season 3, Ep 8)
Why it’s awesome: Dean Pelton becomes a deranged director, because he wants to make a commercial for the Community College that’s worthy of its most famous alumni: Luis Guzman.
Best scene: The Dean wears a hoodie without a shirt and hands Annie a piece of fruit for the scene.
5. Contemporary American Poultry (Season 1, Ep 21)
Why it’s awesome: The study group becomes the school mafia, running a black market on chicken fingers.
Best scene: The classic mafia montage.
4. A Fistful of Paintballs (Season 2, Ep 23)
Why it’s awesome: This is the ultimate paintball episode in the series; It’s a play on most western frontier movies.
Best scene: Where Sawyer from Lost plays an awesome villain.
3. Epidemiology (Season 2, Ep 6)
Why it’s awesome: The Halloween racist proverb is introduced, and there are Zombies everywhere.
Best scene: When the black cat scares Jeff three times in a row.
2. Remedial Chaos Theory (Season 3, Ep4)
Why it’s awesome: This episode shows seven different timelines, and it introduces the darkest timeline, where evil Abed lives.
Best scene: Every single timeline.
1. Advanced Dungeons and Dragons (Season 2, Ep 14)
Why it’s awesome: It’s a game of Dungeons and Dragons, filmed like it was Lord of the Rings.
Best scene: The whole thing, because it’s a non-patronizing take on bullying.
- And Donald Trump has often claimed to be "the largest real estate developer in New York." He isn't.