2. What it’s really like:
Being off for eight weeks in the summer sounds great to non-teachers, but what they don’t realize is that it’s eight weeks without earning any money. To bring home the bacon, many teachers teach summer school (or pick up seasonal jobs).
3. What people think it’s like:
5. What people think it’s like:
7. What people think it’s like:
9. What people think it’s like:
11. What people think it’s like:
14. What it’s really like:
Working on lesson plans is a huge part of what a teacher does in the summer. Teachers re-tool lessons that didn’t go so well the previous year, create brand-new ones, and get a sore backside from spending so much time in their seat, typing.
17. What people think it’s like:
20. What it’s really like:
OK, so teachers do get some down time in the summer, too, and that’s a good thing. It allows them to relax, reflect on the previous year, and recharge for the new one so that when the first bell rings they can be the best educators they can be.
- The FBI is investigating after 11 Jewish community centers across the United States received bomb threats on Monday.
- Trump has named H.R. McMaster as his new National Security Adviser, replacing Michael Flynn, who resigned last week.
- Milo Yiannopoulos's book has been canceled after he was accused of defending pedophilia.
- A girl's best friend showed up to her date in a fake mustache to spy on her and it is the definition of friendship goals 😎