1. Announcing your engagement.
Telling people you’re getting married is the best, especially when you do it in person. One classic way to let the cat out of the bag is by wearing your engagement ring without commenting on it and waiting for someone to notice.
3. Enjoying an engagement party.
Not everyone has these, which is totally fine, but if you want one and nobody throws you one, don’t be afraid to organize it yourself. It doesn’t matter if you go big or ask people over for a casual potluck, it’ll be a great time.
5. Asking people to be part of your wedding party.
This is a terrific opportunity to express your appreciation for the role your closest friends and family play in your life. Asking in person (if possible), perhaps with a small gift or card, can make the moment extra meaningful.
7. Shopping for a wedding dress.
Dress shopping can be stressful, but it’s also an experience you can share with the women in your life that you’ll never forget. Don’t be afraid to visit an upscale dress shop where they serve champagne and pamper you. You deserve it!
12. Even better are wedding cake tastings.
Before you select a bakery to make your wedding cake you should visit a few for tastings. These are (usually) complimentary, and give you the rare opportunity to sample many different flavors of cake in one sitting.
18. Getting your marriage license.
This can seem like a hassle in the busy pre-wedding days, but it’s actually a pretty monumental step on the road to getting married. Take a celebratory photo afterward and bask in the enormity of what you’ve just done.
- The UK heads to the polls today, with a race for London mayor, a fight for the Scottish parliament, and council elections across England.
- Turkey's democratically elected Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu is stepping down amid rifts with President Erdogan.
- Alberta, Canada, has declared a provincial state of emergency over a massive fire near Fort McMurray. The area is under mandatory evacuation.