The Tumblr went viral, and Greg soon began receiving submissions from parents all around the world, the best of which have been compiled into a new book, Reasons My Kid Is Crying.
The caption that goes with this photo is “We gave him delicious pudding.”
So what were all of these kids crying about? Here are some of the photos people submitted along with the reasons their kids were crying:
1. “She was splashed.”
2. “His teacher said, ‘No,’…to someone else.”
3. “His instant oatmeal was not, in fact, instant.”
4. “His train derailed.”
5. “We told him that he looked very handsome.”
6. “He doesn’t like the grass.”
7. “Her sister gave her a kiss.”
8. “I thought we could take a cute ‘Big Brother-Little Brother’ picture.”
9. “I asked him for a high five.”
10. “I told her that I had to wash her face after dinner.”
“Reasons My Kid Is Crying” is available now.
- President Trump signed executive orders today to advance the Keystone XL and Dakota Access oil pipelines, prompting praise from pro-Trump unions.
- Press Secretary Sean Spicer dodged multiple questions at today's White House briefing on Donald Trump's false claim that millions of illegal immigrants voted in the election.
- White supremacist Richard Spencer rented space in Alexandria, Virginia, that he intends to use as a hub for the alt-right, sparking outrage and complaints from neighbors.
- And the 2017 Oscar nominations for Best Picture are: "La La Land," "Moonlight," "Arrival," "Hidden Figures," "Hacksaw Ridge," "Manchester by the Sea," "Lion," "Fences," and "Hell or High Water" 🎥 🎬
- Britain's Supreme Court has ruled that Prime Minister Theresa May needs to consult parliament before triggering Brexit.