1. Younger kids don’t understand sarcasm, so you spend most of your day holding back comments.
2. This is especially frustrating when you think of a really awesome comeback, but can’t say it.
3. When you do say something sarcastic — like that you love being your kid’s chauffeur — they think you mean it.
“I don’t get why can’t you take me. You said you love driving me around!”
6. Holidays are hard for you because there are so many sarcasm worthy things (like Santa and The Easter Bunny) that you’re expected to take seriously.
8. When your kid tells you about something boring, like a new toy they want, your response tends to sound sarcastic even when you don’t mean it to.
10. You’ve made sarcastic quips about parenting that have undoubtedly scared people off having kids.
“I’m kidding! It’s not really like that! (under your breath) I mean, it is but you look like you’re about to cry, so…”
11. You’ve had that awkward moment when people tell you about an article that says sarcasm is bad for kids.
To which you reply, “Oh, good! I’ve been hoping they’d end up screwed up!”
12. Sometimes you wish you could watch Roseanne, but you can never find it on TV anymore.
But there are plenty of Home Improvement re-runs, which is awesome. (Eye roll)
14. You’ve made the mistake of sharing a meme that upsets a bunch of sanctimommies and daddies.
(Deletes Facebook, throws computer in the ocean)
17. It’s all worth it in the end, though, because there’s nothing quite like having a pleasant sarcastic exchange with your kid.
- More than 90 people have died in Indonesia's earthquake, officials say. Thousands of rescuers are being deployed to the hit area.
- Fake news fools most Americans who read it — and Facebook is a major source, a BuzzFeed News survey has found 📰❌
- A refrigerator is being eyed as the possible origin of the fire at an Oakland warehouse party that killed 36 people, a law enforcement official said.
- An adorable 3-year-old boy proudly covered his kitchen with carrots in the greatest carrot heist of all time 😂👏