People Are Sharing "The Incident" From Their High School And I Can't Believe What I'm Reading
High school...what was that?
Ah, high school. Love it or hate it, there's no denying it's an experience unlike any other.
Recently on Reddit, user u/ramennyun asked, "What was 'the incident' at your high school?" And, oh my, did people have some crazy stories:
1. "I went to a private school where you weren't allowed to have your phone on you. One day, the vice principal burst into a classroom and yelled in a panic, 'Quick! I need to use someone's phone!' Ten kids offered their phones — and got detention and their phones confiscated."
2. "A football player with the last name ‘Parham’ got punished for some shit and was no longer allowed to walk the stage for graduation. One day, a friend of his streaked through the cafeteria wearing a Spider-Man mask with 'Free Parham' painted on his bare ass. Staff tried to grab him, but despite literally slipping and falling, he escaped valiantly — as any hero should."
"Eventually, Parham was allowed to walk the stage, although I’m sure the stunt wasn’t the reason for it."
3. "Two guys decided to bring about 50 cabbages in to school and start a cabbage fight in the science corridor. All hell broke loose and cabbage leaves were everywhere. About 100 students joined in."
4. "The administration at my school used to drive around campus on golf carts for whatever reason. One day a kid stole one of the carts and accidentally ran over another kid, breaking his leg. No more golf cars after that."
5. "This happened yesterday and is pretty wild for a Canadian high school. A former student who was about 20 years old blended in with students and snuck into the school. He wandered the hallways, stealing from unlocked lockers, and then managed to steal 10 laptops from classrooms!"
"They ended up catching him at the Tim Horton’s down the road. Turns out his mom was his getaway vehicle a couple blocks down the road, but he just had to stop at Timmy’s first. Only in Canada do people have to stop for a coffee and a donut mid-robbery."
6. "My high school was recently in the news because someone put a virus into our school system and held all of the school's data at ransom for $300,000."
7. "One semester, the chemistry teacher gave out two A's...and 190 F's! The administration couldn't fire him because he had tenure, so they put him on extended leave for a year and then wouldn't let him come back."
8. "Jostins — the company that makes rings and yearbooks — was on campus to sell us our class rings. As part of their presentation, they'd brought a Chicago Bears Super Bowl ring that they'd made...and somebody stole it."
"We were all called into an assembly to find the ring. The Jostins representative was there, close to tears. The ring was later 'found' in the hallway after the assembly was let out."
9. "We got put on lockdown because someone thought there was a rabid fox on the field. It was a fat orange cat."
10. "A moose escaped a local zoo and somehow made its way to our school yard during recess. We were all rushed inside and the school was put into a lockdown situation until the moose left the yard. Yes, I'm from Canada."
11. "Senior year, we received our yearbooks the week of graduation and, to our surprise, the full-page action shot for boy's soccer showcased a player jumping up and lifting one leg to trap and control the ball. Unfortunately, he forgot to wear underwear that game and the tip of his wiener was fully visible sticking out of the bottom of his shorts."
"Our school had over 4,000 students and we were required to bring our yearbook to security to have the dick sharpied over or we would not be able to walk at graduation."
12. "Some boys in the saxophone section of marching band made a Christmas card featuring them nude except for Santa hats and their saxes covering their sacs. They distributed them to the whole band, which at our school was a pretty large group. The administration tried to confiscate them for being LEWD, but of course they couldn't get them all."
13. "Our high school had a 'gang' called the Cobras who would spray paint 'Cobras' everywhere on school property. The administration didn’t know who they were, so when it came time to take group photos for the yearbook, the principal had a plan."
14. "The principal found weed in the boys bathroom, so he called an assembly and told us we had to vote for who we thought it belonged to. The principal's son got like 98% of the votes. We didn't even coordinate it, everyone just had the same idea at once and it was glorious."
15. "We had five fire drills in a month because teachers kept making popcorn in the microwave in the teachers lounge. Eventually they got banned from making popcorn."
Note: Some responses have been edited for length and/or clarity.