A viral Reddit thread recently asked parents, "What's the most illogical thing your toddler had a breakdown over?"
Here are the most hilarious and infuriating responses that parents will find way, way too relatable:
1. "My toddler lost it because the imaginary door on his imaginary fire truck wouldn’t open, and he was stuck inside."
2. "Our daughter cried because she didn't get to go to her parents' wedding — seven years before she was born."
3. "From the backseat my enraged toddler sobbed, 'He's looking out my window!' He was mad because his brother was looking out of 'his' window instead of the other one."
4. "My 2-year-old son heard my wife crumple up a receipt and for the next hour lost his mind that we had a cookie we were holding out on him. No amount of explaining could fix the situation."
6. "My son wanted me to wrap him like a burrito for bed. I did, but he was upset that I wrapped him like a bean burrito, crying, 'I want to be a chicken and rice burrito!'"
7. "They wanted another chicken nugget, so I gave them another chicken nugget. Breakdown."
8. "My son enjoys My Little Pony. However, we cannot refer to it as 'My Little Pony'. He can say 'My Little Pony', but my wife and I must refer to it as 'Your Little Pony' or he loses his little mind."
9. "Our toddler cried because we didn't have the hamburger bun color in our 120 colored pencil set."
10. "Kiddo flipped out because the cat cheated in a game they were playing."
11. "Our 1.5-year-old son had a meltdown because I wouldn't let him pour his apple juice on the cat."
12. "My daughter lost it because she wanted a twin sister (she has a twin sister)."
13. "My daughter dropped a pretzel and the dog ate it. She started bawling and threw her entire cup of pretzels on the floor. Spoiler alert: the dog ate those too."
14. "My wife is four months older than I am and my 4-year-old daughter got upset because she wanted me to be older than my wife."
15. "My little guy, who loves hats, was very upset because he wanted to wear two hats. At once. To bed."
16. "Toddler pointed to the fridge and said, 'Milk!' I filled her cup with milk and handed it to her. She took one sip, threw it on the ground, and screeched, 'JUICE!"
17. "My daughter had a breakdown because her paintbrush wasn't green. Mind you, there was a green paintbrush within reach, but the fact that the one in her hand wasn't green was a problem."
18. "My 2-year-old screamed bloody murder every time she finished the water I poured into her cup. She literally got mad because SHE drank all her water."
19. "My son lost it because I wouldn't let him get into the car parked next to us."
20. "I wouldn't let my daughter put crayons in my ear, so she dropped to the ground, wailing and sobbing like I'd killed our cat in front of her."
21. "Our toddler found a photo book of my wife and I before kids having fun on vacation. He melted down saying we went out for fun and didn't take him. I told him, 'It's because you weren't born yet.' He fired back, 'I exist! I'm right here!'"
22. "My toddler got ticked off because the trees are taller than our house."
23. "My toddler loves being tickled, so I was tickling him one day. He let out a huge fart and immediately started crying and screaming. I asked him why he was screaming and he replied, 'I was saving that for later.'"
Note: Some responses have been edited for length and/or clarity.