Quora users shared their best tips and hacks to be more productive at work:
6. Don’t be afraid to say, “No.”
We often feel like we have to say “yes” to everything at work, but taking on less important tasks that distract you from the important ones is a very bad idea.
8. Manage anxiety.
The best way to do this is by exercising, eating well, and getting enough sleep.
10. Pick up the phone!
I know, I know. No one likes to use the phone anymore, but if it’s going to take two or more emails to hammer out a problem, it’s much more efficient to just make a call.
11. Do the most difficult tasks first.
People often suggest that you start your day by doing the easy tasks, but that often leaves you tackling the hardest tasks when your energy is sapped. Instead, “Eat that frog!” (aka do the most difficult tasks first).
12. Don’t be afraid to do crappy work.
Allowing yourself to write a not-so-great first draft means that you now have something you can shape and edit.
14. Don’t be afraid to learn new things.
Maintaining a willingness to embrace new ideas, regardless of how long you’ve been on the job, means you’ll always have the latest tools to succeed.
18. Interact with your co-workers.
In a healthy work environment they will lift your spirits when you’re discouraged and even help you troubleshoot problems.
You don’t have to do everything yourself. Really.
23. Ignore your email when you’re swamped.
It will ensure you get a good stretch of totally focused work time.
- A draft of a plan to repeal Obamacare was released that'll block federal funds from Planned Parenthood and cut healthcare benefits granted under the law.
- The widow of a Kansas immigrant who was allegedly killed by a white nationalist demanded answers from the government about stopping hate crimes in the US.
- Time to change your passwords: Uber and Fitbit are among the millions of websites that may have been compromised 🔐
- A billboard in North Carolina that claims "Real men provide. Real women appreciate it," has sparked controversy across the country 👀