23 Parents Share The Weirdest Things They Ever Did For Their Kids
TL,DR: They deserve a medal.
1. "My three-year-old had battled an afternoon of diarrhea so I fanned his raw butthole with an alphabet flash card."
3. "My six-foot-five, 300 pound dad dressed up as Taylor Swift and sang one of her songs at the busiest place in town in order to win me concert tickets."
5. "I talked like Chewbacca for a whole day to cheer up my son after he got his one year shots."
6. "I pretend to be a broken down tractor and my son 'fixes' me (usually with a toy saw), puts fuel in me (my soft drink), then hops on my back for a ride."
— Natalie James, Facebook
7. "My daughter wouldn't nurse while I held her, so I put her on the floor, got on all fours, and nursed her like a cow."
8. "I've blown into my daughter's mouth to cool the 'too hot' food she'd just taken a bite of."
— Joanna Short, Facebook
9. "I FaceTimed with my son while my husband and I were out one night and he was potty training."
10. "Mommy had a work emergency so..."
"I had to buy myself Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle footie pajamas, paint my nails, and go to Tijuana Flats for "cheesy taco patties" (that's "quesadilla" in four-year-old speak) because mommy had a work emergency and had to cancel girls' night."
11. "I convinced my son our car is an Autobot."
12. "I took my daughter to the Warped tour where I stood in line for hours for autographs and listened to several concerts of screaming bands in 105 degree heat!"
13. "I barehanded a warm poo nugget my toddler handed to me. My knees went soft when I realized what it was in my hand."
14. "During potty training I tasted a puddle on the floor to see if it was spilled apple juice or if my daughter had peed on the floor. Thankfully, it was juice."
15. "When my son was three he was terrified of crickets, so we bought him two bearded dragons and a huge tank. That way the mean old crickets would meet their doom."
16. "I caught poop from my daughter's bottom while she was taking a bath because she was freaking out at the ones already in the water."
17. "They were appalled and delighted."
18. "My daughter has a fake rolling pin in her kitchen set that she likes me to roll on her cheek until she falls asleep."
19. "I was picking crumbs out of my bra for hours."
20. "For a photo scavenger hunt my kids were doing they needed a picture of a person with a wild animal. They convinced me to pick up a bloated dead mouse by the tail that we found in our pool filter."
21. "I ran out of diapers on a flight to Italy..."
22. "My daughter is two and sometimes eats her hair, but when she poops it doesn't come out all the way — so I have to pull it out."
— Julie Reynolds, Facebook