We asked the members of BuzzFeed Community to share their funniest/most zonked out story about parenting while overtired:
1. "I screamed when I saw a magazine with a large picture of a baby on the cover poking out of the trash can because I thought someone had thrown my baby away!"
2. "After feeding my newborn son I tried to fold some laundry, but fell asleep in the pile of clothes with my boobs still out. I leaked milk all over the clothes and woke up drenched."
3. "I was co-sleeping (safely!) with my daughter when I became positive she was trying to nurse. I woke up to find myself shoving my nipple into her ear."
4. "My son had crawled completely under his blanket in the middle of the night and left a stuffed animal where he was...."
5. "I was so overtired that when I finally got to sleep I had a night terror that my son was stuck inside my pillow, and I had to rip it apart to save him. (He was really asleep in his bed just fine.)"
6. "I was attempting to do a load of laundry when I accidentally loaded the clothes into the dishwasher."
7. "I was mixing a bottle in the middle of the night when I put the water in, then the formula, and shook it up — without the top. Milk went EVERYWHERE. I don’t know who was more frustrated, me or the hungry baby."
8. "I tried to rock a pillow back to sleep. It wouldn't settle down no matter how much I shushed it and patted its back (because the baby was still crying in her crib)."
9. "My mom was holding the baby, and I had the cat in my lap. I wanted a drink, so I stood up, hoisted the cat up to my shoulder, supported his head, and carried him into the kitchen. I grabbed a soda and sat back down before I realized I could've, you know, just put the cat down on the floor."
10. "I went to the store in a tank top with ice packs strapped around my boobs on the OUTSIDE of the shirt. I only realized this as I was paying."
11. "I put the gallon of milk in the sink and the dirty bowl in the fridge."
12. "NO BOOB, MAMA!"
13. "After many sleepless nights my husband and I went to Target with our 1-year-old daughter. We separated for a bit, and when we met back up I panicked and screamed, 'Where's our daughter?' I was holding her."
14. "I was so frustrated that I couldn’t get more than two hours of sleep at a time that I beat our Roomba to hell. That was an expensive punching bag."
15. "I spent an hour shopping at Target, then couldn’t find my car keys. I decided to look for them by my car only to find it still running."
16. "I was so exhausted by the constant night feedings that I literally hugged my husband’s head instead of the baby and stuck my boob in his face."
17. "I walked to the supermarket without my purse. When I realized what I'd done I went home to get it, then left again without it."
18. "I kissed a pile of folded clean laundry on the 'head' while carrying it upstairs."
19. "I was making spaghetti and went to drain the noodles, except I forgot to get out the colander and proceeded to dump all of the noodles into the sink."
20. "I put my brand-new iPhone in the washing machine with my load of dirty laundry."
21. And here's a feel-good story about overtired parenting to end on:
Some submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.