4. “My son had crawled completely under his blanket in the middle of the night and left a stuffed animal where he was….”
“When my sleep-deprived self went to check on him and saw a stuffed kangaroo, I woke up my husband, crying, and yelled, ‘OUR SON TURNED INTO A KANGAROO!’ Then I fainted. When I came to, my husband was laughing and our son was looking at me through the crib bars.”
—Kyli Jo Crawford, Facebook
8. “I tried to rock a pillow back to sleep. It wouldn’t settle down no matter how much I shushed it and patted its back (because the baby was still crying in her crib).”
—Melissa Ann Goduti, Facebook
9. “My mom was holding the baby, and I had the cat in my lap. I wanted a drink, so I stood up, hoisted the cat up to my shoulder, supported his head, and carried him into the kitchen. I grabbed a soda and sat back down before I realized I could’ve, you know, just put the cat down on the floor.”
—Nikita Lehner Shein-Chwazik, Facebook
12. “NO BOOB, MAMA!”
“I have a 2-year-old and a 6-month-old and we co-sleep. One night the baby started fussing in her sidecar crib. I reached over to the wrong side of the bed, grabbed the toddler, and tried to get her to latch. She was wiggling in her sleep and waking up as I did this and eventually yelled, ‘NO BOOB, MAMA!’ loud enough to wake the dead.”
—Cortney Gail Knight, Facebook
18. “I kissed a pile of folded clean laundry on the ‘head’ while carrying it upstairs.”
—Katey Lou Duncan, Facebook
21. And here’s a feel-good story about overtired parenting to end on:
“Went to pick up a pizza, then got both kids back into the car and drove home. After unloading the kiddos, I couldn’t find my pizza anywhere. It was on the roof of my car, where I’d put it to get everyone buckled in! I was so excited that it hadn’t flown away and wasn’t ruined! It was the best roof pizza ever!”
Some submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.
- Top legal scholars will be filing the 1st major lawsuit against President Trump's alleged business conflicts on Monday.
- "Welcome to the movement": Women's March on Washington organizers are working tirelessly to make sure 1st-time marchers stick around ✊
- Kellyanne Conway says White House press sec. Sean Spicer didn't lie about crowd size at Trump's inauguration. He gave "alternative facts."
- The Patriots are heading to the Super Bowl yet again after crushing the Steelers. They'll play the Falcons on Feb. 5 🏈