4. “Don’t you worry your kids will get sick at daycare?”
No, I send them there in a giant, plastic bubble so it’s all good.
6. “I bet you’ll be glad to go back to work on Monday.”
Riiiight. Because working parents can’t handle being around their kids.
7. “You look so exhausted!”
Show me a parent who doesn’t.
12. “Why did you have kids if you have to work to afford them?”
First, get over yourself. Second, not every working parent has to work to afford their kids. Some work for personal fulfillment, to give back to others, and to set a good example for their children.
15. “You wouldn’t understand. You’re not with them all day.”
Ah, got it. So I guess those 128 hours a week I spend with my kids don’t count.
- Notorious Mexican drug lord Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán has been extradited to the United States to face multiple charges.
- Donald Trump's pick for treasury secretary, Steve Mnuchin, was grilled by Democrats over his time leading a mortgage company that carried out over 36,000 foreclosures.
- Senegal says it has sent troops into Gambia in an attempt to remove President Yahya Jammeh, who has refused to step down since losing reelection in December.
- A majority of American adults get news from Facebook, according to a new survey by BuzzFeed, but only 18% of respondents said they trusted news from Facebook. ✋ 📰