8. Netherlands ranks as the top country for plentiful, nutritious, and affordable food, according to a 2014 Oxfam report.
10. Lisse is home to Keukenhof — also known as the "Garden of Europe" — the largest flower garden in the world.
14. The Schiphol Airport — the main international airport of the Netherlands — is actually located more than four meters below sea level.
16. The Dutch usher in the start of spring with Rokjesdag, or skirt day, the day women start showing off bare legs and wearing short skirts again.
17. On December 5 and 6, the Dutch celebrate a winter holiday known as Sinterklaas that is centered around St. Nicholas.
Oops! Dutch men are the tallest in the world. An earlier version of this post said they were the second tallest.
The Dutch celebrate Sinterklaas on Dec. 5. An earlier version of this post misidentified Sinterklaas as Christmas.