20 Exceedingly Wholesome Facts That Are Guaranteed To Make You Smile
Go ahead. I dare you not to smile at these.
Read on for a happy distraction from your day!
2. "As of 2018, both Voyager 1 and Voyager 2 are flying in interstellar space. No matter what happens to humanity now, even if we all perish tomorrow in a nuclear holocaust, there are still those two pieces of us floating through the stars just waiting to be discovered."
Read more about the Voyager Golden Records — which contain sounds and images representative of life on Earth and were included aboard both spacecrafts.
3. "Swiss law dictates that guinea pigs cannot be kept in isolation. You have to have at least two so they have someone to socialize with."
8. "A man named Jarrett Adams spent nearly 10 years in prison for a crime he didn't commit. He spent that decade researching his case and studying the law in the prison library and was able to have his conviction successfully overturned in 2007. He then went to college to earn a bachelor's degree and attend law school, which he graduated from in 2015.
"He went on to take the case of a man wrongfully convicted of rape in 1990, and was able to get his sentence overturned as well, based on wrongfully identified DNA from a hair sample the FBI gathered at the scene of the crime. Adams now continues to find cases similar to his and uses everything in his ability to prove wrongfully convicted individuals innocent."
9. "There's a squirrel named Twiggy who learned how to water-ski. You go, little man. If he can do that, then I can do anything."
16. "The New Guinea worm, which burrows into the skin and must be slowly pulled out when it's twisted around a small stick, is on track to be the second human disease in history to be eradicated thanks in part to the Carter Center.
"Cases went from 3.5 million per year in 1986 to 28 cases in 2018. This will be the first parasitic disease to be eradicated and the first to be eradicated without medication (there's no cure) but through pure education and water filtration."
19. "The voice actors of Minnie (Russi Taylor) and Mickey Mouse (Wayne Allwine) were married in real life until Allwine's death in 2009."
20. "There are more museums (and related organizations) in the US than there are Starbucks and McDonald's combined."
Note: Some responses have been edited for length and/or clarity.