2. Kimberly Peirce introduced “Matt Shepard is a Friend of Mine” at the Los Angeles premier, sponsored by Facing History and Ourselves.
7. This was the 90s, so to many, this sounded reasonable. Maybe this still sounds reasonable to some.
10. Here is Kimberly Peirce talking about how she first heard the name, Matt Shepard, while going into production of “Boys Don’t Cry.”
This taped introduction will play tonight at the Los Angeles premier, sponsored by Facing History and Ourselves, a non-profit that combats racism, antisemitism, and prejudice and nurtures democracy through education programs worldwide.
11. This movie tells the Matthew Shepard story from the point of view of the people who knew him best—his friends.
12. In 2013 “Matt Shepard is a Friend of Mine” comes out.
Find a screening of it http://mattshepardisafriendofmine.com/screenings