27 Racial Microaggressions People Of Color Are Tired Of Hearing
Because words mean things. And also, you don't want to offend anyone.
1. "Sorry. I don't date outside of my race."
2. "What do you mean you're not good at math?"
3. "You're not like other [insert race here] people."
4. "So...what are you mixed with?"
5. "I'm blacker than you."
6. "So...is it true what they say about [insert race here] guys?"
7. "Why are Asians always so quiet?"
8. "Why does your religion condone terrible things?"
9. "It's crazy you don't have an accent!"
What people of color hear: It's blowing my mind that you're saying words that I, a normal human, can comprehend. Good job!
What you could say: Your voice is soothing to my ears.