1. The Cowardly Lion — CeeLo Green
Original actor: Ted Ross
CeeLo Green is perfect for this role because he’s cute, adorable, and it would be interesting to see him play the timid King of the Jungle on screen.
2. Evilene, the Wicked Witch of the West — Alfre Woodard
Original actress: Mabel King
Alfre Woodard would make a wonderful Wicked Witch because of her incredible range as an actress. While most of her roles are serious, it would be a nice change of pace to see her play someone as evil and wacky as Evilene.
3. Aunt Em — Octavia Spencer
Original actress: Theresa Merritt
Octavia Spencer could easily play Aunt Em, the doting maternal figure in Dorothy’s life. Her natural charm would ooze off the screen.
4. Miss One, the Good Witch of the North — Nicki Minaj
Original actress: Thelma Carpenter
Couldn’t you see Nicki Minaj, the eccentric rapper totally owning this role? And not only that, she would be the leader of the Munchkins, which can’t be a far stretch from her Barbz fan base, right?
5. Scarecrow — Aubrey “Drake” Graham
Original actor: Michael Jackson
It would have been too easy to cast Drake as the Tin Man, mainly due to the fact that many consider him to be “too emotional.” I think Drake would make a great Scarecrow because he’s proven time and time again that he’s a chameleon when it comes to role play. He’s just as good at making hit songs as he is at acting.
7. The Wiz — Dave Chapelle
Original actor: Richard Pryor
Witty and direct, Dave Chapelle would make great wizard. Imagining how Chapelle would react to Dorothy and the gang finding out he’s basically a fraud could potentially be hilarious.
8. Glinda the Good Witch of the South — Mariah Carey
Original actress: Lena Horne
Mariah Carey is the obvious choice to play this role, and when you really think about it, who else could pull it off? She’s already this ethereal being, and she has the voice of an angel. She would make a marvelous Good Witch of the South.
9. Dorothy Gale — Ariana Grande
Original actress: Diana Ross
Ariana Grande is relatively new on the scene, but she’s been making a name for herself for quite some time. She’s got the acting ability as she’s been on Nickelodeon show Sam & Cat since last year, and she’s obviously got the singing talent. Couldn’t you imagine her doing a fantastic rendition of “Home?”
- The controversial HB2 "bathroom law" in North Carolina is on the cusp of being repealed, but LGBT activists say the repeal bill still allows discrimination.
- Trump's son-in-law Jared Kushner was spotted meeting with top senators on criminal justice reform.
- Trump's first meeting with his Chinese counterpart Xi Jinping will take place at the president's Mar-A-Lago resort in Florida April 6 and 7.
- The trailer for the new film version of Stephen King's "It" has dropped and the general consensus is that it will make you defecate your pants 🤡