Sweet Potato And Black Bean Stir-Fry
Here's a video showing you how:
For the stir-fry:
2-3 tablespoons olive oil
1 ½ cups sweet potato, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon salt, divided
½ green bell pepper, diced
½ red bell pepper, diced
½ cup onion, diced
½ cup corn
½ cup black beans
½ teaspoon garlic, minced
½ teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon chili powder
½ teaspoon oregano
½ teaspoon pepper
For the garnish:
1 dollop plain greek yogurt
1-2 teaspoons cilantro, chopped
1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Once pan is hot and ready, toss in the sweet potato and reduce heat to medium-low heat. Sprinkle in ½ teaspoon of salt to season.
2. Sauté sweet potato in the skillet for about 3-5 minutes, or until golden brown.
3. Toss in green and red bell pepper and sauté for about a minute before adding the onion. Cook until transparent, then add garlic and the spices.
4. Once veggies are evenly coated in the spices, add the corn and black beans, continuing to cook until corn and beans are heated through. Remove skillet from heat.
5. Serve with brown rice or quinoa, and garnish with a dollop of plain greek yogurt and chopped cilantro.