Sweet Potato Crust Quiche
1 large sweet potato
Olive Oil, drizzle
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
4 large eggs
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1½ cups/350 milliliters milk
1 clove garlic, minced
4 ounces/115 grams jarred sun-dried tomatoes, drained
3 ounces/85 grams baby spinach, chopped
4 ounces/115 grams goat cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375˚F/190˚C.
2. Microwave sweet potato on high for 1 minute. Let cool.
3. Using a chef’s knife, cut off the ends of the sweet potato.
4. With a vegetable peeler, peel the sweet potato.
5. Using a chef’s knife, thinly slice the sweet potato into ⅛ inch thick slices. Toss with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
6. In a 9-inch circular baking dish, arrange the sweet potato slices around the bottom and sides of the baking dish allowing them to slightly overlap.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until potato is softened.
8. In a medium bowl, beat the eggs, salt, and pepper. Add milk, garlic, and sun-dried tomatoes, and beat again.
9. Add the spinach to the bottom of the baking dish.
10. Pour the egg mixture into the baking dish.
11. Add dobs of the goat cheese to the dish.
12.Bake for 30 minutes, or until the center of the dish is fully set and no longer jiggles.
13. Cool for 10 minutes before slicing.