1. When you have no money, a quick bang trim with your kitchen scissors seems like a pretty good (and budget friendly) idea.
2. You want to make sure it's perfect though, so you spend hours scrolling through pictures of celebrities to find the perfect hair-spiration.
3. You watch countless instructional YouTube videos and stand in front of the mirror with your hair in weird places to see how it will look.
4. But you lose confidence in your novice hair trimming abilities, and liquid courage is introduced to get you back on track.
5. "Yeah, I think I can do this. Why not? It's just hair! How hard can it be?"
6. Very soon after, doubt starts to rear its ugly head.
7. And it's quickly followed by deep regret and overwhelming sadness.
8. But at this point, you're still relatively optimistic. You take a shower with the hopes that washing and styling your newly cut hair will make you beautiful again.
9. Drumroll please...
11. Nope. You hate your hair and you hate yourself.
12. And lacking the necessary skills to fix the mess you've made, you're forced to spend money you don't have on a hairstylist to fix your mess.
13. And there are tears. So many tears.
14. But don't worry, soon the sadness will disappear. You will learn how to rock a hat and start to accept your brand new look.
15. Because, hey, things could be worse. At least you aren't this girl.
16. And we'll cheers to that!
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!