Before we get in too deep, I’d like to admit my bias of being born and raised in Western Washington. I apologize to all the angry Eastern Washington readers in advance (if you even have internet)*
2. Let’s start with physical beauty
7. Columbia River
Washington is home to countless rivers and lakes. This is the mighty Columbia that not only separates Oregon and Washington, but is also a vacation destination to cliff jump, soak up some sun, jet-ski, and generally have the time of your life.
8. Moving on…
9. We pretty much support every human right ever
You most likely know about us passing marriage equality by popular vote this year, but did you also know that Washington has always been on the forefront of human equality? For real. From interracial marriage to abortion, Washington is always one of the first states to make a leap towards equality.
11. Speaking of Seattle…
it’s a pretty cool place, but we have other cities that are smaller and still cool!
Being the largest city in the Pacific Northwest, Seattle is also one of the fastest growing cities in the nation. What’s not to love? There’s the Space Needle from the 1962 World’s Fair, Mt. Rainier in the distance, great music, and it sits on the sound? What more could you possibly want?
13. Tacoma: so much more than just an aroma
Tacoma is one of the most underrated cities in the state. Yeah, it did have a distinct smell back in the day, but it isn’t too bad in present times. Now, it has swanky piano bars, cool glass museums as well as its own ballet company that puts on a kick-ass Nutcracker every year. ALSO THERE IS A ZOO. Sorry, I really like animals.
This beauty of a town is midsized and between Seattle and Vancouver, B.C. It’s also on the water (Bellingham Bay) and guarded by a mountain (Mt. Baker). The small city also has two downtowns.
16. Port Townsend
This crazy town features both Victorian-style houses and an old military fort turned state park. You can shop antiques or play laser tag in the old bunkers. (Option #2 recommended).
17. In general, we’re just great.
18. We’re attractive
Anna Faris grew up in Edmonds, just north of Seattle, and attending University of Washington before starting her career. You need more sexy examples? Hillary Swank, Macklemore, and Kyle MacLachlan all grew up in Washington, too. Great place to find your soulmate, don’t you think?
19. Our economy is booming
When you’re the headquarters of Amazon, Microsoft, Starbucks, Costco, Nordstrom, T-Mobile, and Boeing, the recession didn’t hit so hard.
20. We never wanted you to realize our state’s beauty
We’re selfish and wanted it all to ourselves. Sorry about that.
21. Please come visit us!
Because everyone should experience the beauty of Washington State, the greatest place on earth.
*JUST KIDDING ABOUT THAT EASTERN WASHINGTONIANS. You guys are just as cool as us Westerners.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Over two dozen people were injured after a truck crashed into a crowd at a Mardi Gras parade, New Orleans police said.
- President Trump said he will skip the White House correspondents' dinner. On Friday, he called the media "the enemy of the people."
- Moderate to severe coral bleaching continues to affect the Great Barrier Reef almost a year after the worst bleaching crisis in history.
- Here's the beef: Rapper Remy Ma dragged Nicki Minaj in a new diss track, and she fired back with a Beyoncé endorsement 😱