Life’s burning questions answered in one simple YouTube video. And yes, it’s appropriate for every adult to feel a little bit dumber when they watch this.
2. 1. On our place in the world.
“We are on Earth, and the Earth is just one planet in the galaxies. You can compare that to the ant on the patio in this backyard. The ant doesn’t know that there’s more than the patio here; he just keeps walking. He doesn’t know that he’s just part of a huge… of lots of worlds. The human race is sort of like that. They, after they’ve discovered what’s up there, they know that they’re only a little part of the huge galaxy.”
3. 2. On other life.
“There probably are many different kinds of lifeforms, cell, and organisms. Some may not be visible… some may be beyond places we can’t go. And they all may have the same perspective as we do on this, that there might be others, and maybe they can find them someday, but at the moment they don’t know.”
4. 3. On proof and truth.
“It’s an endless quest without knowing what your quest is… The only proof is yourself, and where you are in the universe. And… And you can only make theories. You can never know the truth.”
5. 4. On the meaning of life.
“What the meaning of your life is, is what you make it. What you think—what you want your life to be. Nobody can decide what you will do except for you. You have a control over yourself. You may not be lucky enough, and the odds might be against you, but you’ll never definitely know that you cannot do this.”
6. 5. On destiny.
“It may be pre-destined, but you can change that destiny. ….I mean, I might be wrong, it might be just scheduled, like some play or something, and you act it not knowing that you’re part of it. But all the same, maybe destiny’s just telling you. Maybe you just know it. Maybe destiny is just a guess. A guess what it knows about you, what you would do… but then again I might be wrong and destiny could be totally in control of you.”
7. 6. On baseball and sports.
“…Baseball is one of the things that is the most special in our lives. But the reason that we play sports is very necessary. For the entertainment and for the suspense because we don’t have that kind of suspense in our lives.”
8. 7. On music.
“…Music is another type of… a type that in a way is visible in a way, at the same time, hear. You can hear a sense of color in a way in your mind.”
9. And so, go forth. Listen to the colors of the world around you! Discover the endless quest that is life! Make your own destiny! Or… don’t. Or maybe that is your destiny? I guess he’s got one thing right—nothing is certain. Still.
- Donald Trump, who wrote a book about his ability to get deals done, lost in his highest stakes negotiation yet — the battered GOP health care bill.
- A viral Instagram post falsely claimed 14 black girls went missing over 24 hours in Washington, DC, but that doesn't mean there isn't a problem. Now lawmakers are taking action.
- Apple says a hacking group that's threatening to wipe hundreds of millions of iPhones has not breached its iCloud system 📱
- Hi Stranger: A bizarre short film featuring a naked mumbling figurine is making everyone on the internet uncomfortable 🙃