Amanda Bynes leaving the police station.
2. Amanda Bynes was arrested Thursday night after she allegedly threw a bong out the window of an apartment in Midtown in front of cops at about 7:40 p.m., The New York Post reports.
According to the Post, “staff at the Biltmore on 47th Street near Times Square” saw Bynes “smoking some substance from a bong in the lobby and called police.”
“When cops went to the door of her 36th floor room, she allegedly chucked the bong from the window as they watched, sources said.”
Emma Stone, right, and Amanda Bynes in a scene from the movie “Easy A.”
Bynes was first taken to Roosevelt Hospital to undergo a psychiatric evaluation, and then taken to a Midtown police station for processing, reports WNBC news. She was charged with reckless endangerment.
- Inside WikiLeaks: A former employee shares what he learned about Julian Assange (including his beef with Hillary Clinton).
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- Less than 24 hours after AT&T announced an $85 billion deal to buy Time Warner, politicians are expressing skepticism and opposition.
- An NFL player paid tribute to Harambe, the gorilla who died at a Cincinnati zoo, on his cleats.