1. Munch’s Make-Believe Band
Formed in 1977, this was the original Chuck E. Cheese band.
2. The Rock-afire Explosion
In the early 1990s, Showbiz Pizza Place merged with Chuck E. Cheese, but retained its animatronic band fronted by a bear named Billy Bob. The Rock-afire Explosion still performs at Chuck E. Cheese locations in the U.S. and Canada.
3. The California Raisins
The original “Heard it Through the Grapevine” commercial aired in 1968. This later version with Michael Jackson is a classic.
4. The Max Rebo Band
This is the in-house band for Jabba the Hutt. In the original Return of the Jedi, the band performs a Huttese-language pop song titled “Lapti Nek”, which was replaced in the Special Edition with this version of “Jedi Rocks.”
6. The Trons
This New Zealand-based robot band was formed in 2008. The Trons toured Europe in 2009 and are now back home recording their second album, according to the band’s Facebook page.
7. Toyota’s Robot Band
Toyota does much more than make cars.
8. The Country Bear Jamboree
The Country Bear Jamboree opened its doors in 1971 at Walt Disney World.
11. Doctor Steel and the Army of Toy Soliders
This steampunk band was fronted by Doctor Steel — a mad scientist bent on taking over the world. His backup band is known as “the Army of Toy Soliders” and has continued to perform even after Doctor Steel’s retirement from music in 2010.
12. Sonic Underground
In this TV show based off the videogame, Sonic the Hedgehog, the characters’ musical instruments change into weapons.
14. Mahna Mahna and The Snowths
- Kim Jong Nam, the half-brother of North Korea's leader, was killed with a chemical weapon last week at an airport in Malaysia.
- Caitlyn Jenner told President Trump his administration's rollback of protections for transgender kids was a "disaster" 😳
- Uber's CEO met with more than 100 female engineers on Thursday to discuss sexism and harassment allegations at the company.
- Beyoncé is backing out of Coachella under doctors' advice. But she plans to headline the festival again in 2018 😭🐝